The Sahana Software Foundation develops free and open source software and provide services that help solve concrete problems and bring efficiencies to disaster response coordination between governments, aid organizations, civil society and the survivors themselves, such as:
- Reuniting separated families through registering missing and found persons
- Tracking and managing requests for help from individuals and organizations
- Tracking organizations and programs responding to the disaster, including the coverage and balance in the distribution of aid, providing transparency in the response effort
- Enabling relevant sharing of information across organizations, connecting donors, volunteers, NGOs, and government organizations, enabling them to operate as one
Sahana Eden is our primary product. It is a flexible humanitarian platform with a rich feature set which can be rapidly customized to adapt to existing processes and integrate with existing systems to provide effective solutions for critical humanitarian needs management either prior to or during a crisis.
Legacy Products: There are several other versions of Sahana software that are no longer under active development, but remain a rich part of our project’s history. These systems were used in the response to many disasters and adopted by government agencies and humanitarian organizations for disaster preparedness programs – many of which are still in use today.
- Vesuvius is focused on the disaster preparedness and response needs of the medical community, contributing to family reunification and assisting with hospital triage. It also provides client and staff registration capabilities for temporary sheltering and other emergency operations.
- Mayon provides an emergency personnel and resource management solution that is highly scalable to manage large numbers of events, persons and resources. Its intended to serve professional emergency management organizations in large municipalities and jurisdictions charged with preparedness, response, recovery and mitigation responsibilities.
- Krakatoa is the direct descendant of the original Sahana code base developed following the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami.