What is ShaRe?
A coordination platform for the activities of the Humanitarian Country Team (HCT), the wider humanitarian community and government/members of the public in providing disaster relief. Its main uses include:
- Non-emergency related humanitarian response activities
- Managing relief requests, suppliers (donors), dispatch (goods/services), logistics,
- Reporting (authorized users to report a request, commit supplies, monitor the delivery/return, publish situational-reports, and management summary reports),
- Display of aggregated relief activities data by geography and administrative boundaries.
How will the Humanitarian Community benifit?
- Improve the current system of information sharing in disaster response among responding agencies
- Act as an information sharing platform for the public and media on the humanitarian community’s response activities
- Potential resource mobilization tool for joint agency projects or emergency relief activities
Solution was recognized during the onset of the 2017 Southwest Monsoon instigated flood and landslide events in Sri Lanka. The UN Resident Coordinators Office (RCO) of Sri Lanka, supported by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP), developed a simple 3W (“Who does What Where”) template. It evolved into 4W and the UN standard reporting platform for the Humanitarian Country Team members such as Sri Lanka Red Cross, Sarvodaya Movement, Oxfam, WorldVision, and so on. Sri Lanka UN RCO hosted instance is at www.sharehub.lk .